What to do if you have an incident with a motorist that doesn't result in an injury

Return to our current website, or go back to the previous page.

  1. Stay calm and get the vehicle license (which is very hard to observe!)
  2. Use the online incident report form at Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition’s website. You need not have the vehicle license. The information will be used in conjunction with other reports to identify motorists who have established a history of violating the rights of other users of the roads.
  3. And, if you have the license number and description of the vehicle, contact 1-800-TELL-CHP

Last updated March 6, 2013.